Welcome to our dumping guides page! We hope to add more systems in the near future to this list and improve our pre-existing guides for ease and clarity.
Please, take some time to read our Disclaimer before you start doing anything.
Don't use external hosting for images
System Specific Dumping Guides
- IBM PC Compatible
[general note: record download date and raw HTTP Response Header when downloading stuff]
- Nintendo Cartridges
- Game.COM Cartridges
- GameHeader - GUI tool for viewing ROM header and generating checksums of NES, FDS, GB, SNES, N64, GBC, GBA and NDS ROMs
- Crappy Tiny Reader (CTR) - GUI tool for viewing ROM header of DS(i) and 3DS ROMs
Would Be Useful
- More ROM dumper homebrew
- GB/GBC dumper for GameCube via Game Boy Player or Game Boy Link Cable. There are GBA methods, but do they work for GB/GBC?
- TapeDump-like homebrew for SNES/GBA (for the SNES, maybe GB/C dumping could also be done, via the Super Game Boy).
- Look into clone consoles that have external storage + cart slot, if they exist
- Making a "tasbot"-like device seems to be cheaper way to boot dumping homebrew than making (and possibly buying flashcarts and similar devices or copiers. But they don't seem to be available for purchase. And it requires a console and exploitable game.