Getting Started Preserving Games at No-Intro
From No-Intro ~ Wiki
Welcome to the start of your video game preservation career! This guide will point brand newbies in the right direction to help out preserving games.
- To find out if a game is needed, go here.
- Choose the system you want to look up your game for, and pick "Search".
- Input the title of the game you wish to check the dump status for and click "Search" again. Note: Be sure your syntax is correct for the title, otherwise it won't pop up.
- You may see a few entries for the title, this can be region or revisions. Roms will be categorized as Good, Not Verified, or Bad.
- Bad roms need to be redumped, and are a high priority. Not Verified roms would be helpful to have someone redump and verify, at which time they're upgraded to "Good".
- Also see the Undumped Games Lists which may or may not be comprehensive, depending on the system.
- Now you will need to dump your games, with one of our Dumping Guides. If the system you're interested in dumping for doesn't have a dumping guide, please see the No-Intro forum and post a request for a wiki dumping guide for the system there.
- Post the results of your dump (game hashes, and info) on the No-Intro forum as a submission.