Getting Started Preserving Games at No-Intro
From No-Intro ~ Wiki
Revision as of 00:23, 5 August 2018 by Dizzzy (Created page with "Welcome to the start of your video game preservation career! This guide will point brand newbies in the right direction to help out preserving games. # To find out if a game...")
Welcome to the start of your video game preservation career! This guide will point brand newbies in the right direction to help out preserving games.
- To find out if a game is needed, go here.
- Choose the system you want to look up your game for, and pick "Search".
- Input the title of the game you wish to check the dump status for and click "Search" again. Note: Be sure your syntax is correct for the title, otherwise it won't pop up.
- You may see a few entries for the title, this can be region or revisions. Roms will be categorized as Good, Not Verified, or Bad.
- Bad roms need to be redumped, and are a high priority. Not Verified roms would be helpful to have someone redump and verify, at which time they're upgraded to "Good".
- Also see the Undumped Games Lists which may or may not be comprehensive, depending on the system.
- Now you will need to dump your games, with one of our Dumping Guides. If the system you're interested in dumping for doesn't have a dumping guide, please see the No-Intro forum and post a request for a wiki dumping guide for the system there.
- Post the results of your dump (game hashes, and info) on the No-Intro forum as a submission.