Super Nintendo Entertainment System Dumping Guide
Here you'll find information on how to dump SNES/SFC carts, and what information should be gathered when sharing a successful dump.
hardware todo: Retrode, Super UFO Pro 8, old ones
Gathering Dump Info
- CRC32: Generated from the ROM file using HxD, for example.
- MD5: Ditto.
- SHA-1: Ditto.
- Game title: If it differs between different places (e.g. title screen, console menu banner, box, cart) then go with the one on the front of the box.
- ROM Region: The region found in the ROM data. (Can be extracted using GameHeader)
- ROM Revision: The revision found in the ROM data. (Can be extracted using GameHeader)
- ROM Serial: The four-character serial found in the ROM data. (Can be extracted using GameHeader, if the header includes it)
- Languages/Language Select: Some games either show a language selection screen at startup or in the game options. Many games will boot with different languages depending on the active language selected in the BIOS. Booting the game with each language selected in the bios is necessary to identify the supported languages for these games. Note that it is possible to submit a game without checking the languages, but this then needs to be stated in your submission.
- Tip: Using an emulator like [todo] can speed up the language checking dramatically since you can switch the BIOS language in the emulator settings much faster than on a real DS.
- Cart Serial: It is located on the label on the front of the cart, for example: "SNS-MW-USA"
- Box Barcode: The number on the case displayed beneath the vertical lines, see Barcode.
- Box Serial: The serial on the case. Example: SNS P MW.
- Size: The size of the ROM in bytes.
- Chip(s) serial(s) (optional): The main serial on the ROM chip, for example: "SNS-MW-0".
- Scans: The following scans (or photos) would be good to have: Front and back of the following items - box, cart and PCB.
Submitting Info to No-Intro
If you have datter rights you can submit the dumpinfo using the "Submit" form in DAT-o-MATIC.
Otherwise post the info in the New Dumps & Redumps section of the forum.